Alongside the first AWL, Morbark has debuted a new stump cutter and offered a sneak peek of what’s to come in 2020
Morbark debuted the new Rayco 1800AWL articulated wheel loader and RG165T-R stump cutter at the TCI Expo in Pittsburgh.
As well, the company teased a few new machines that will be in production within the first half of 2020.
“At Morbark, we are focused on continually providing new products and product improvements that meet our customers’ needs and help them succeed in their businesses,” said Casey Gross, Morbark’s director of tree care products. “These newest products — the articulated wheel loader and large stump cutter — are direct responses to our customers’ requests and feedback.”
Designed to meet the material handling needs of landscape contractors, tree services and municipalities, the 1800AWL is the first model of the new AWL line.
The new loader is heavy on capabilities and light on delicate landscape surfaces such as grass, building foundations and paving stones. With a standard mini skid steer attachment plate, the machine can accommodate a wide variety of attachments.
The quick-attach system enables the user to quickly and easily switch from a bucket to forks or other tools for optimum on-the-job flexibility and bottom-line performance.
The telescoping boom provides excellent dumping and lifting height, enabling loading on high-sided trucks and other applications that require extended reach. The 1800AWL has a maximum lift height 289.6 cm. With its 24.8 hp Kubota D1105 diesel engine, the 1800AWL generates a working lift capacity of 816.5 kg.
At 128 cm wide, the small footprint and articulated loader design give operators the agility they need to maneuver in tight spaces, such as small yards or narrow pathways, while the turf tires provide minimal turf disruption when making turns.
For operator comfort, the 1800AWL has a low-profile suspension seat in the ROPS/FOPS-certified cab. The open-cab design provides a clear view of the worksite in all directions, and easy-to-use controls make these machines simple for anyone to operate.
You may also like:
- Bobcat is about to launch a new small articulated loader
- John Deere customers help tweak G-Series skid steers and CTLs
- Case upgrades its F Series compact wheel loaders
The new Rayco RG165T-R stump cutter is powered by a 165 hp Ford V8 gasoline engine that meets emissions requirements without a diesel after-treatment system.
The RG165T-R is equipped with non-marking rubber tracks on a retractable undercarriage, allowing it to maneuver in tight areas, such as passing through a 92 cm gate, and then extends to 1.3 metres for stable travel.
The stump cutter’s propel system features high and low travel speeds. As well, a wide hydraulic backfill blade saves time during clean up and can be folded in easily for passing through gates.
The 71.1 cm diameter cutting wheel, equipped with 40 Super Tooth cutter teeth, provides a 184.1 cm cutting width, with 71.1 cm cutting path above and below ground level. The hydrostatic cutter wheel drive is also equipped with Rayco’s exclusive Quick Stop cutter wheel.
The RG165T-R’s wireless remote control unit is comfortable and sealed against dust, water and other elements.
A sneak peek from Morbark
Morbark also offered a sneak peek of machines the company plans to introduce this year, including:
- Rayco C200R forestry mulcher: The Rayco C200R is a compact mulcher that measures 2.29 metres wide, a legal transport width in any country. The C200R is ideal for right-of-way clearing on narrow lines as well as for use in larger-scale clearing projects. The operator cab features a high-backed, heated seat with air-ride suspension. The rear fan is auto-reversing, reducing maintenance time.
- Morbark 2400X Wood Hog horizontal grinder: Ideal for niche markets like pallet recycling, sawmills, nurseries and the tree care industry, the Morbark 2400X Wood Hog horizontal grinder is perfect for processing yard waste, brush and other mixed woody feedstock into new products. The grinder weighs 9,026.5 kg and has an Isuzu Tier 4 Final 188 hp engine. The 2400X is designed to be modular and will be available in multiple configurations for various applications.
- Rayco TC74R Forestry Mulcher: An ideal machine for companies holding maintenance contracts around cell towers, for pipeline and power line right-of-way, highway departments, utility and tree service contractors, the TC74T-R forestry mulcher is excellent for brush and small tree reduction. The model’s compact size makes it capable of reaching areas inaccessible with larger machines. The remote control also allows the operator to work from various sightlines.
- Rayco 4000AWL Articulated Wheel Loader: The second and larger model in this new series of articulated wheel loaders, the 4000AWL has a working lift capacity of 1,814 kg.