HCEA Canada’s annual Wheels & Tracks in Motion event recently returned to the Simcoe County Museum.
Each year in June, more than 60 pieces of historical construction equipment come out of retirement, as the Historical Construction Equipment Association Canada (HCEA Canada) invites the public to view its collection of restored machines.
The HCEA’s next public exhibit returns to the museum in the fall with the Last Blast at the museum on Oct. 19.
The Cletrac (Cleveland Tractor Co.) Model W, rated at 15 hp, was introduced in 1919 and is shown here pulling a tumblebug scraper.
A John Deere Model 820 elevating scraper.
A 1929 Adams #10 grader that was originally bought by Towland Construction of London, Ontario. Powered by a 10-20 McCormick-Deering 4-cylinder gas engine it took HCEA Canada members several hundred volunteer hours to get it into working order.
HCEA Canada member Art Van Camp operates his 1950s Caterpillar D7 dozer.
A 1950s era International TD9 crawler tractor equipped with a Heil double drum winch handling a LeTourneau Model X pull scraper of the same era. Restored by the late Don Shiell and shown here with James Dick at the controls.
The HCEA Canada owned 1940s Caterpillar D7 with a Cat Model 60 scraper.
A 1970s era Drott hydraulic excavator, rated at 1 cubic yard capacity, and powered by 4-71 Detroit diesel engine feeds pit run gravel into the 1930s Sandy crusher that was built in Goderich, Ontario.
A 1960s era Case Model 310 crawler tractor with blade attachment and gas powered. Owned and restored by Bruce and Steve Blacktopp of Zephyr Peat Moss Ltd. in Mt. Albert, Ontario.
A 1930s era Caterpillar #10 Auto Patrol Grader powered with a 4 cylinder diesel engine. HCEA Canada’s John Hoover is shown here making adjustments to the 2-cylinder gas starting engine commonly call a ‘pup motor.’
A 1950s International TD6 crawler tractor equipped with a hydraulic blade. The machine is owned and restored by John Hoover of New Lowell, Ont.
A 1930s era International T20 TracTracTor crawler powered by a McCormick Deering 4 cylinder gas engine. Restored by John Hoover and shown here with HCEA Canada’s Stuart France operating.
The 1923 Erie B steam shovel owned by the Simcoe County Museum.
A 1929 Wilford ¾ swing shovel.
Want to see more historical construction equipment? Check out our page here.