Ritchie Bros. Edmonton equipment auction — its largest in Canada this year — sold more than $207 million in heavy equipment and trucks over five days.
The equipment auction, held April 24 to 28, drew more than 14,000 bidders from 59 countries, including more than 9,750 online bidders.
About 89 per cent of the equipment in the auction was sold to Canadian buyers, with buyers from Alberta purchasing 55 per cent.
Furthermore, International buyers purchased 11 per cent of the equipment. As well, about 58 per cent of the equipment in the auction was sold to online buyers.
“Our auction in Edmonton last week featured some of the cleanest, low-hour equipment available on the market today, attracting a huge number of global buyers,” said Brian Glenn, senior vice president of Ritchie Bros. “We once again saw strong participation from Western Canadian registrants, bidding aggressively as they’re looking to purchase equipment for the spring construction season, resulting in strong pricing across most equipment categories.”
In total, more than 9,450 equipment items and trucks were sold at the Edmonton equipment auction, including more than 275 excavators, 270 truck tractors, 245 compactors, 145 dozers, 130 aerial work platforms, 125 skid steers, 100 articulated dump trucks, 90 boom trucks, 80 winch tractors, 45 agricultural tractors, 20 bed trucks, as well as a large selection of farmland and industrial real estate. As well, all items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
“We would like to thank the many sellers who once again put their trust in Ritchie Bros. to market their equipment to the world, and the thousands of bidders for helping us deliver a safe and successful sale,” Glenn said.
Equipment Auction highlights
- Three 2014 Caterpillar D6T LGP crawler tractors sold for a combined $1.29 million.
- Two unused 2018 Caterpillar D6T LGP crawler tractors sold for a combined $1.19 million.
- Two 2006 Caterpillar 627G motor scrapers sold for a combined $805,000.
- Two 2014 Caterpillar A40G 6×6 articulated dump trucks sold for a combined $730,000.
- A 2014 Kenworth C500 T/A T/A bed truck sold for C$410,000.
- A 2012 Elrus closed circuit portable cone crushing plant sold for $410,000.
- A 2014 Caterpillar 14M VHP Plus motor grader sold for $360,000.
- A 2014 Kenworth C500B T/A tri-drive boom truck sold for $355,000.
- A 2011 Caterpillar 980K wheel loader sold for $280,000.
- A 2015 Kenworth C500 tri-drive sleeper winch tractor sold for $250,000.