Formerly known as the D6K2, the new D4 Dozer brings the power and performance expected from Cat’s medium-sized bulldozers. It weighs in at 13,272 kg (29,259 lbs), with 130 hp.
The D4 is available in Standard or Low Ground Pressure (LGP). Also, it comes standard with a Variable Pitch Angle Tilt (VPAT), while a foldable VPAT blade is offered as an option.
Cat Link telematics gather data generated by the D4, among other equipment. This offers access to information using web and mobile apps. Cat Link saves time and money through its connectivity to dealers, allowing simple lines of communication for troubleshooting.
The D4 can be ordered with specialized guarding, making it able to withstand the stress of jobs in the areas of forestry and land clearing. These dozers can also be ordered with an impact-resistant cab that features polycarbonate windows.
Improved field of vision
To cut back on time spent backing up and adjusting the machine for a better view of material, Caterpillar has lowered the slope of the hood line. This provides up to 30 percent better visibility in front of the blade.
Also, a 10-inch touchscreen display paired with a high definition rearview camera puts the machine’s settings and surroundings in clear view of the operator, offering high levels of awareness.
- Slope Indicate shows the grade and cross-slope on the main displays
- Stable Blade detects and corrects blade bounce automatically
- Traction Control automatically reduces track slip
- Cat Grade with Slope Assist provides blade positioning assistance without extra hardware or GPS signal
- Factory Attachment Ready Option (ARO) provides optimal mounting positions and simplifies the installation of any grade control system
- Cat Grade with 3D provides advanced blade positioning assistance and runs on a versatile, customizable Android OS platform