Genie has revamped four of its telescopic boom models to perform a wider range of heavy lifting tasks on construction and industrial job sites.
The Genie telescopic S-60 XC, S-65 XC, S-80 XC and S-85 XC booms now offer a dual lift capacity of 300 kg unrestricted and 454 kg restricted. As well, the Genie Xtra Capacity (XC) feature provides the ability to work with up to three people onboard while leaving room for tools and job site material.
“The XC nomenclature lets customers know that the new Genie S-60 XC, S-65 XC, S-80 XC and S-85 XC models comply with the overload restriction guidelines in the new ANSI A92 and CSA B354 industry standards in North America, as well as European EN280 and Australian AS 1418.10 standards,” said Zach Gilmor, Genie product manager, Terex AWP. “And thanks to updates in the design and technology of these new booms, these Genie XC models can carry more load.”
The four new models feature automatic envelope control — the ability to automatically retract as the booms reach their operating envelope. This allows for simple platform positioning and an enhanced operator experience. They are also equipped with a load sense cell that continuously checks the weight in the platform and limits the operating envelope to match the load chart, all while boasting the ability to do zero load field calibrations.
As well, the booms boast an expanded working zone, thanks to a new chassis tilt sensor incorporated into the machines’ function. The sensing technology provides various ranges of motion based on the chassis angle.
“These four new Genie XC booms will not only carry more load than ever before, but will also be able to maximize access hard-to-reach work areas on challenging job sites,” Gilmor said.
Genie Lift Power
The new Genie XC models also feature the new Genie Lift Power generator solution. The system includes a dedicated hydraulic circuit, no pressure switch to operate the unit, and allows for the power to lift and drive during operation. The Genie Lift Power system is available in three options; 3 kW, 7 kW and 12 kW.
All Genie XC booms have been updated with a CAN-based control system, which incorporates the familiar Genie SmartLink control system features on these popular booms.
Furthermore, the new generation of Genie telescopic XC booms retain productivity features including:
- Ramped boom control system provides smooth boom functions and control.
- Virtual pivot primary boom aligns the machine’s centre of gravity for lower machine weight.
- 4WD and positive traction drive maintains equal power to all drive wheels.
- Fixed-width axles allow faster setup.
- Active oscillating axle enhances traction on rough terrain.
- 360 degree continuous rotation turntable for quick positioning.
All four new Genie XC telescopic boom models are built with a 74-hp Tier 4F/Stage IIIB diesel engine. The XC design on these boom lifts also includes a 1.83 metre dual entry or an 2.44 metre tri-entry platform with a side-swing gate to make it easy to get people, tools and job site materials in and out of the basket.
“Genie XC booms can reduce the number of lift cycles, as well as the amount of equipment customers need to get tools and materials to work areas at height,” Gilmor said.
“Doing more with a single unit saves time and increases productivity.”
Telescopic boom specs
- The S-60 XC boom has a 20.04 metre working height with 15.49 metre of outreach.
- The S-65 XC model has a 21.67 metre working height with 16.51 metre of outreach.
- The S-80 XC model boasts a 26.38 metre working height with 20.83 metre of outreach.
- The S-85 XC boom has a 27.91 metre working height with 22.71 metre of outreach.