Bobcat has introduced a new telescopic tool carrier to its VersaHANDLER line.
The new V723 telescopic tool carrier, also known as a telehandler, is designed for operators that need extended reach and increased lift capacity. The V723 is in the 3,175 to 3,628 kg size class.
As well, the V723 features Power Quick-Tach attachment mounting system to increase utilization.
Reinforced boom pivot
The machine’s boom pivot has a thick steel reinforcement for enhanced durability and long life. Protection for vital parts, like the lift cylinder and brackets, are designed to support maximum loads, reduces stress on the machine’s boom, pivot point and chassis. For additional support, heavy-duty, enclosed frame welds offer reinforcement throughout the frame.
To increase productivity, the V723 is designed with an enclosed engine compartment that helps keep out dust and debris. The radiator, oil cooler and intake air coolers are mounted side by side, and located to receive the same quality and temperature of air, which provides consistent cooling ability, even in severe, dusty and dirty conditions.
In addition, an automatic reversing fan helps keep the radiator area clean, extending productivity and uptime while reducing the immediate need to clean debris by hand.
- Fine mesh intake screen to help prevent large debris from entering the engine basket and plugging the radiator.
- Diesel fuel is contained in a durable, rust-free polypropylene tank to minimize condensation and contamination of the fuel system.
- Battery run-down protection that automatically shuts down after the predetermined time and voltage level, preventing accidental battery discharge.
- Machine shutdown protection system to monitor engine coolant, hydraulic oil, engine oil and other machine functions.
- Optional window guards to protect operators and their investment from falling and flying debris.
No DFP needed
Bobcat engines have a combustion chamber that minimizes the amount of particulate matter the engine creates. The amounts are low enough that a diesel particulate filter (DPF) isn’t needed for Tier 4 compliance.
The machine includes a turbo-charged, 100 hp Bobcat diesel engine. It is side mounted for improved visibility and easier maintenance access. Both sides and the bottom of the engine are protected with a thick steel frame, while rubber-engine mounts reduce shock during all-terrain use.
Steering and travel modes
The telescopic tool carrier includes three steering modes to give operators application-matched maneuverability.
- Front-wheel steer: Enables top-speed road travel, eliminating the need to haul the machine on a trailer from jobsite to jobsite.
- All-wheel steer: For quick and tight turns.
- Crab steer: Precise side-to-side positioning.
As well, operators are able to select from three travel modes that provide more precise movement in numerous applications.
- Two-speed travel option: Offers two speed ranges, each with its own high and low setting, to improved productivity and maneuverability.
- Speed management: Adjusts travel speed independently from engine speed. Operators can use their accelerator pedal to set the engine speed to the optimal setting for the attachment they are operating, then dial in their desired travel speed.
- Inching control: Reduces drive speed without reducing power to the attachment, enabling slower, more precise control without sacrificing productivity.
Enhanced operator comfort
For operator comfort, he telescopic tool carrier features a boom cushioning suspension system that makes it easier for operators to handle the load, providing a smoother motion as the attachment angles to its minimum or maximum pitch, or when the boom reaches full retraction. Plus, a ride control cushioning suspension system allows for more comfort on rough terrain and uneven surfaces, allowing operators to work longer with less fatigue.
The asymmetric cab design with a wraparound rear window and a split door provides 360-degree visibility. This design allows for easier communication and ensures operators have a clear view of the jobsite.
The backlit display panel monitors major functions, features intuitive attachment controls, operation lights, warnings and an hour meter for quick service checks.
An enclosed cab with heat and air conditioning is standard for the V723 telescopic tool carrier, minimizing dirt and dust inside the operating area.
In addition, an industry-leading joystick allows operators to control several functions, including travel direction, lift and tilt functions, boom extension, and auxiliary hydraulics from the cab.
With the standard Power Quick-Tach system, V723 operators push a button to retract the pins and release to quickly secure the attachment. Operators can change non-hydraulic attachments, such as buckets and pallet forks, without leaving the V723 cab.
Telescopic tool carrier specs
- Horsepower: 100-hp, non-DPF Bobcat diesel engine
- Operating weight: 7,781 kg
- Maximum rated lift capacity: 3,500 kg
- Maximum lift height: 22 ft. 10 in.*
- Maximum reach: 408 cm
- Auxiliary hydraulic flow: 100 litre per minute
- Travel speed, low (Gear 1): 5 km./h
- Travel speed, high (Gear 2): 31 km/h
- Three steering modes: Front, all-wheel and crab