Now in its 54th year, the Volvo Road Institute remains a valuable training opportunity for newcomers and industry veterans
Registration is now open for Volvo Construction Equipment’s 2019–2020 Road Institute — the operator and technician training program for the road paving industry.
The courses run from November through to May 2020 and offer a mix of classroom and hands-on training on a variety of operations and maintenance topics.
“Students leave these sessions with improved technical and problem-solving skills,” said Wayne Tomlinson, compaction training specialist for the Road Institute. “We love hearing from attendees who have advanced their careers because of this operator and technician training, as well as from employers who enjoy benefits such as improved machine uptime.”
The Road Institute will include multiple dates to satisfy demand for the popular hands-on paving best practices course, “Paver and Compactor Operation & Maintenance.”
Volvo also continues to offer the hydraulic and electrical systems courses specific to the Volvo P4410/P4410B and the P7000/P7000B series pavers, as well as soil and asphalt compactor product lines.
Each session last two to five days each, and are held at the Road Institute Training Centers in Shippensburg and Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, as well as at the Road Institute West location in Phoenix, Arizona.
Road Institute course descriptions:
- Paver and Compactor Operation & Maintenance – Two days of classroom-style learning plus two days of hands-on application in best practices, including an overview of Compact Assist with Density Direct.
- Paving and Compaction Application Seminar – Two days of classroom instruction dedicated to paving and compaction best practices.
- Paver Hydraulic and Electrical Systems – Four to five days of training on the hydraulic and electrical systems of pavers with lessons that allow for hands-on troubleshooting.
- Large Asphalt Compactor Mechanics – Three days of maintenance and technical training for large asphalt compactors, including system functions, troubleshooting, and adjustments of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Small Asphalt Compactor Mechanics – Three days of mechanical training for asphalt compactors under seven tons.
- Soil Compactor Mechanics – Three days of general service instruction for soil compactors.
Course instructors share decades of field and teaching experience with attendees, including training on the latest Department of Transportation requirements.
The paver and compactor operator courses also qualify toward NAPA Diamond Paving commendation requirements.
For more information on course descriptions, registration and hotel information, visit RoadInstitute.com.